Elaborating an action-reaction plan to face the market entry of a direct competitor
The client, a global market leader in several disease areas, was facing the entrance of a direct competitor in a recently launched class of medications. Stratas Partners was asked to assess the implications of the new launch and to elaborate an action plan.
- Evaluate the target patient population and the revenue flow of the new competitor in multiple countries
- Understand the possible impact scenarios with regard to account strategy, share evolution by and across accounts, impact of voice, etc.
- Prepare an action plan at country level for the most important markets (US, JP, EU5)
Methodology and Approach
A hypothetical action-reaction map based on analog patterns was drawn. The resulting assumptions were pressure-tested both with internal and external experts using different trade-off methodologies.
Stratas Partners incorporated all different perspectives resulting from the extensive analysis in order to build a dynamic action-reaction model, able to evaluate and simulate relevant scenarios
- Most probable entry price strategy of the new competitor
- Market share evolution of the drug class and individual competitors
- Competitor dynamics and most probable outcome scenarios
- Action-reaction steps to maximize the company revenues in the short- to mid-term
Business impact assessment of the evolving women’s health market
The women’s health market and related services changed rapidly in recent years. This development is due to both pharmacologic and technological advancements. Stratas Partners has been hired to understand the landscape both from a technological and therapeutic point of view considering the mid- to long-term.
- Understand the potential in the evolving patient pool (relevant patient segments)
- Highlight the most important technologies, which can increase the business segment. Predict the effect of the technological evolution on client’s revenues
- Assess the relationship between patient segment, applied technologies and increased usage of pharmacologic treatments
- Understand the reimbursement likelihood for different combinations of technologies and pharmacologic treatments
Methodology and Approach
Stratas Partners ran a complete analysis to understand the high prescriber accounts that apply technologies and therapeutic approaches requiring increased product utilization. The most relevant client segments were identified and presented to the client together with key strategic product marketing insights.
Stratas Partners was able to simulate the technological evolution on the mid- to long-term and to model the impact on pharmacologic utilization along the developing account pattern. An evolving reimbursement landscape was developed.